How about reaching a hundred of millions of leads just through a free social media platform? Twitter helps you with just that by allowing you to engage with your users and followers, increase your brand awareness, boost conversions, and distribute content to over 326 million average monthly Twitter users globally. All sounds interesting, right?
So, here’s how you can implement a Twitter marketing strategy for your business and improve your marketing efforts on the platform.
Features of Twitter
1. Twitter works as a search engine tool wherein you could search your competitors and their content to see which strategies they’re using.
2. It allows you to converse with your followers, address your audience, share, and promote branded content in seconds.
3. It’s free to use and helps businesses to expand their reach.
Now that you’re familiar with the social media platform, let’s delve into this marketing tactic to know what exactly is Twitter marketing.
Typical Twitter User Is a Young Woman With An Iphone And 208 Followers [Infographic]
Twitter is big for markers, especially for digital marketers.
How big is Twitter?
Twitter is also the 3rd largest social media traffic driver behind Facebook and Pinterest.
If Twitter was a country it would have been the 12th most populated country.
The typical twitter user is a young woman with an average number of Twitter followers of 208 but don’t let that fool you. The number of new users and followers are increasing daily.
Here are some of the best Twitter statistics in an infographic so it is not boring to read
Other Interesting Twitter Statistics
- 100 Million Users Login Daily
- 320 Million Monthly Active Users
- 500 Million Tweets are sent per Day
- Average Time spent by a Twitter User per Month is 170 Minutes
- 78% of Twitter Users Use Twitter on Mobile Devices
- 77% Twitter Accounts are Outside the US
- Number of Twitter Accounts with 0 Followers – 391 Million
- 81% of Twitter Users have Less than 50 Followers
- 29% of Millennial (Age 15 – 34) Use Twitter
- 26% of Teens Rank Twitter as their Favourite Social Network
- There are Approximately 20 Million Fake Twitter Users
- 89% of Americans Use Twitter at Work
- Average Number of Tweets by Male 567
- Average Number of Tweets by Female 610
- 63% of Twitter Users consider their Smart Phones their Number One Tweeting Device
- 29% of Twitter Users Use their Desktops and Laptops as their Primary Tweeting Device
- Number of Twitter Accounts that have Never sent a Tweet 550 Million
- 44% of Twitter Accounts have No Tweets
- 117 Million Active Tweeters per Month
- Twitter Accounts that Tweet Monthly 13%
Twitter and Images
- Tweets with Images Received 18% More Click-throughs
- 89% More Favourites
- 150% More Retweets
Brands and Advertisements
- 58% of Top Brands have more than 100,000 Twitter Followers
- 47% of People who Follow a Brand on Twitter are More Likely to Visit The Company’s Website
- Twitter’s Ad revenue that comes from Mobile is 86%
Not everyone likes Twitter; especially family and friends who are not millennial.
Some think, all social media is evil especially those who are not in the tech, media, fashion or sports industries.
Beware, we live in an information overloaded century and you have to find ways to stand out in order to get attention; otherwise your tweets will be ignored just like passing traffic. Find ways to stand out like an awesome advertising billboard on the road. Use images and link to awesome content from industry experts. Use appropriate hashtags and keep them to a minimum. Tap on Twitter influencers to explode your Twitter reach.
Social media usage on mobiles is increasing rapidly and brands are spending more in mobile advertising. Make sure your website or blog is mobile responsive and loads fast.
More Twitter followers means more reach, traffic, sign-ups and sales. So build your twitter profile and tweet carefully.
“With great technology comes great responsibility” – next Spider Man movie.
What is Twitter Marketing?
Twitter marketing is a social media marketing tactic focusing on creating, publishing, and distributing content for your target audience, buyer personas, and followers through the platform. The motive behind this is to generate new leads and followers, improve brand recognition, boost conversions, and increase sales.
However, it’s easy to get lost in the crowd on Twitter as the average lifespan of one tweet is only about 18 minutes. Moreover, nearly 7,000 new tweets are sent every single second making it hard to get your messages to stick and make an impact.
Thus, it’s imperative for you to get Twitter marketing techniques well in place. And here’s how you can get started with Twitter marketing.
How to Get Started with Twitter Marketing?
1. Use the Right Twitter Handle
Pick out a Twitter handle that is easy to remember, recognizable, and short enough for people to easily search your name and tag you. If someone ever wants to search your name, they’ll use your handle to do that. So, use a Twitter handle that is relevant to your business and catchy at the same time.
2. Optimize your Bio
Right under your profile photo, you need to create an amazing and compelling bio that would showcase your brand’s motives and ideas. It shouldn’t be an entire lesson on your niche, just put out some short and sweet sentences. Here’s how you can help yourself when crafting a bio.
· Tell your followers who exactly your brand is and keep it accurate.
· Brag a little about your brand listing some great accomplishments under your belt. Just a little of it won’t seem like boasting.
· Write a bio keeping your target audience in mind so that it resonates with them.
· You can also go ahead and add some relevant hashtags so that your potential clients can find your handle when they search for those specific terms. You may also tag other brands that you’re associated with from your industry.
3. Tweet During Peak Hours
There are certain peak hours and days when Twitter users are more active on the platform. You’ll thus get these users to engage with your posts if you tweet during peak hours. According to a study, tweets that are posted on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday have a higher click-through rate than those that are posted during other days.
Now, your posting times will highly depend on your target audience and how they respond to your content at different times. Once you figure out your ideal posting time, you can use scheduling tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule your posts to go live at these peak posting times and gain more impressions, boost engagement, and get tons of clicks.
4. Use Minimum and Relevant Hashtags
Tweets containing hashtags receive twice the more engagement than those that don’t, however, make sure to use the relevant hashtags and not overuse them. You can use Hashtagify, a tool to find the best hashtags for your tweets based on the keywords you enter. Additionally, you could also determine the strength of your hashtags to know which ones would work the best for you before tweeting them out.
5. Increase Retweets by adding Images
According to a study, tweets containing images receive 89% more ‘likes’ or favorites. However, make sure to add relevant, attractive, and compelling images that have an absolute connection with your tweet. Don’t do it just for the sake of adding an image.
If you want to tweet about a recent blog post then you can add an image from the article and place a link where your followers could get more information from. To add simple graphics to your tweets, you can also use a tool like Canva. Moreover, you can also incorporate videos along with tweets.
6. Interact with your Followers
You definitely want to create more activity on your Twitter page and interact with your followers. And what’s more engaging than a Twitter poll?
All you have to do is click on the same button you do to add a new tweet and then click on the poll icon at the bottom of the screen and put in your question and choices. These polls can also be used effectively to get feedback, initiate engaging conversations with followers, and conduct a consumer and market research. However, ensure that your questions are unique, engaging, and relevant.
7. Use Creative Calls-to-action
Twitter marketing is all about creating posts for driving sales, generating leads, and boosting clicks. You can thus boost your engagement on this platform by adding a CTA (Call-to-action) to a few tweets.
Though, make sure to place your CTAs creatively using some effective action words or phrases to get your users to do what you most want them to do. Phrases like these are best-suited.
· Visit our site
· Learn more
· Download here
· Shop now!
· Follow us
8. Reach out to Influencers
Reach out to influencers related to your industry who have established a massive following. If they like your ideas and what you aspire to bring to the table, then their one simple post can not only introduce your brand to their followers but can also help improve your brand loyalty.
So, start looking for influencers from your specific industry, take a look at their profiles, and see if their posts resonate with your brand message. Check their followers count. If everything’s fine, then go ahead and send them a DM asking them to promote your company in a tweet.
9. Twitter Ads
If you’re lacking followers, then Twitter Ads is the best option for you. Though they are a bit more expensive as compared to Facebook Ads, they would definitely help you to boost engagement when you’d need it the most.
You can make use of conversational ads wherein you can place CTAs encouraging users to tweet hashtags that can amplify your brand’s reach. A tweet composer opens up displaying a brand message once a Twitter user clicks on their choice.
Twitter is one of the best social media networks to generate new leads and increase your brand awareness. However, things move quicker on this platform as thousands of new tweets are generated every second. Thus, by following the above tips in your Twitter marketing strategy, you’ll be able to promote and grow your business by reaching out to a larger audience and marketing your services to potential customers.
Learn more on