Are you struggling to reach your target market? Have all your internet marketing campaigns so far fallen short of the target? Well, the internet industry is the most volatile and for you to stay ahead of the pack, you have to keep reinventing yourself. This calls for the injection of new ideas into your marketing strategy. If you intend to run a successful online marketing campaign, you have to integrate search engine optimization (SEO). If your website is not visible on search, you are losing out big time and one way to change this situation is through white hat backlinking.
Critical Role of Search in Online Marketing
A survey on Search Engine Journal says 93% of all online experiences start with a search engine. The same study showed that around 74% of internet users don’t scroll past the 1st page of search engine result pages (SERPs). A similar survey by Outbrain shows that search is still the #1 driver of traffic to content websites. Search, in fact, beats social media in the volumes of traffic driven to sites by 300%.
These numbers highlight the important role of search in boosting your online business performance. It is through search that your business gets noticed and if your site is not ranking highly on SERPs, then you simply don’t exist.The question then becomes; how do you boost visibility on search? How can you push your website up the ranking on SERPs for your target keyword?
Backlinking for Successful Online Marketing
One of the greatest techniques in SEO is backlinking and while everyone agrees this is a powerful SEO tool, there is a lot of debate on this topic. Link building has been in the SEO landscape for long but there are still many gray areas regarding the techniques used. For a beginner in the SEO industry, this can get confusing.
But first things first; what is a link and why should it matter this much? Historically, Google and other search engines use links to find out which websites are popular. A link served and still does serve as a recommendation from a 3rd party. In essence, the more links a website has, the better it’s ranking on search engine result pages. This is a good idea because the web is technically choosing which websites are good. However, webmasters realized they could beat the system by buying links and using other techniques to acquire unearned links.
Advantages of Link Building
The best place to start in understanding what backlinking is all about is by evaluating the advantages associated with the practice. To appreciate why everyone including Google is concerned about backlinking, consider the following amazing benefits associated with the practice:
- Building brand authority – Backlinks are great for your SEO campaign because Google views these as an indication that your website is providing valuable information or services. This means high-quality links from popular websites will attract relevant traffic to your website and also boost your ranking on SERPs.
- Long-term directory and resources links – If you are able to acquire links from reputable directories and other resource websites, this will drive traffic to your site for years to come.
- The flow of traffic – Many people click on organic links and end on the landing pages. If you have such links, you will notice a constant flow of traffic on autopilot, which is what every marketer dreams of.
- Building new relationships – A link from a reputable website can help build strong relationships as those linking to your site will be genuinely looking for information. They will be ready to take further action such as subscribing to newsletters or linking on social media profiles.
- Brand name recognition – If you want to grow your business online, you have to find innovative ways to get your brand noticed. If you have great content, readers will start recognizing your name on these links and they will instantly click to find more relevant information from your website.
Backlinking will promote your brand, get you referral traffic and increase your brand authority in your niche. The traffic you get through these links is more likely to convert, which is what every internet marketer would like to see happen.
Ideas to Get Quality Backlinks
Now that you appreciate how important links are to your online business, it is time to get down to work in order to start acquiring them. Link building elicits a lot of negative reactions from the industry but it is only because many people misuse this invaluable technique.
Luckily, this guide for real backlinks will help you identify some of the white hat link building techniques you can use to boost your online business.
- Social media profiles – From Facebook, Instagram, Google+ to Twitter, social media networks allow you to add a link on your site. These sites have a very high page rank and this ranking will flow to your account.
- Press releases – By issuing press releases, you will easily earn quality backlinks back to your website or blog. A press release means more exposure for your business and is a source of high-quality backlinks to your site.
- Link reclamation – This is one of the most underutilized techniques in link building. You should first find any mentions of your brands on other sites and then request the owner to add the link.
- Guest blogging – This is a technique that has been receiving a lot of heat but when done properly, you can build links from high-quality and authority sites and blogs.
- Infographic link building – This is one of the most effective methods of link building and for it to work, you need to create an infographic your audience will love. Content and design are both equally important for an infographic to get traction. You have to choose the right anchor text when linking and when you have the infographic content ready, only use reputable and high-quality infographic directories and submission sites. You can also guest post with an infographic and get more backlinks. People love visual content hence it is easier to promote and get links to an infographic.
There are many other ways to get backlinks but at the back of your mind, you should remember that it is more about quality than quantity. Google considers domain age, link authority, and relevancy among other factors to determine the quality of the link. To reap from link building, make sure you only use white hat link building practices.