Twitter is big for markers, especially for digital marketers.
How big is Twitter?
Twitter is also the 3rd largest social media traffic driver behind Facebook and Pinterest.
If Twitter was a country it would have been the 12th most populated country.
The typical twitter user is a young woman with an average number of Twitter followers of 208 but don’t let that fool you. The number of new users and followers are increasing daily.
Here are some of the best Twitter statistics in an infographic so it is not boring to read 🙂
Other Interesting Twitter Statistics
- 100 Million Users Login Daily
- 320 Million Monthly Active Users
- 500 Million Tweets are sent per Day
- Average Time spent by a Twitter User per Month is 170 Minutes
- 78% of Twitter Users Use Twitter on Mobile Devices
- 77% Twitter Accounts are Outside the US
- Number of Twitter Accounts with 0 Followers – 391 Million
- 81% of Twitter Users have Less than 50 Followers
- 29% of Millennial (Age 15 – 34) Use Twitter
- 26% of Teens Rank Twitter as their Favourite Social Network
- There are Approximately 20 Million Fake Twitter Users
- 89% of Americans Use Twitter at Work
- Average Number of Tweets by Male 567
- Average Number of Tweets by Female 610
- 63% of Twitter Users consider their Smart Phones their Number One Tweeting Device
- 29% of Twitter Users Use their Desktops and Laptops as their Primary Tweeting Device
- Number of Twitter Accounts that have Never sent a Tweet 550 Million
- 44% of Twitter Accounts have No Tweets
- 117 Million Active Tweeters per Month
- Twitter Accounts that Tweet Monthly 13%
Twitter and Images
- Tweets with Images Received 18% More Click-throughs
- 89% More Favourites
- 150% More Retweets
Brands and Advertisements
- 58% of Top Brands have more than 100,000 Twitter Followers
- 47% of People who Follow a Brand on Twitter are More Likely to Visit The Company’s Website
- Twitter’s Ad revenue that comes from Mobile is 86%
Not everyone likes Twitter; especially family and friends who are not millennial.
Some think, all social media is evil especially those who are not in the tech, media, fashion or sports industries.
Beware, we live in an information overloaded century and you have to find ways to stand out in order to get attention; otherwise your tweets will be ignored just like passing traffic. Find ways to stand out like an awesome advertising billboard on the road. Use images and link to awesome content from industry experts. Use appropriate hashtags and keep them to a minimum. Tap on Twitter influencers to explode your Twitter reach.
Social media usage on mobiles is increasing rapidly and brands are spending more in mobile advertising. Make sure your website or blog is mobile responsive and loads fast.
More Twitter followers means more reach, traffic, sign-ups and sales. So build your twitter profile and tweet carefully.
“With great technology comes great responsibility” – next Spider Man movie.
Let us know how you will use twitter differently with this newly found knowledge?
Digital Marketing Ramblings – Extended Ramblings